Friday, December 30, 2011

The Great Baby Store Debate

Yesterday after a doctors appointment, my wife and I decided to try out the new dedicated bay store in town, Buy Buy Baby. It's apparently owned by Bed Bath and Beyond, and when you walk in, you can definitely tell. It's well laid out and organized, and you can find exactly what you're looking for. If you're looking for bottles and feeding supplies, everything is grouped by brand, then item. Which is very nice. The only complaint I'd have is that since the store is so new, they are still stocking some things, and it was overheard from one of the clerks that they are still waiting on some items and some floor displays. The store looked well stocked, but they didn't have one of the strollers we really wanted to look at. I believe that's one of the things they should be getting shortly, since they had the entire line otherwise.

In comparison, when we were shopping for someone with a registry at babies R Us, it was nigh impossible to find exactly what we were looking for. Their aisle numbers don't make sense, they group things in no discernible order, and when you're looking for something that should be in infant feeding/eating supplies, you find it in the toddler section or vice versa, only after hunting for it for 15 minutes. Babies R Us really made me irritated. I felt at ease in Buy Buy Baby.

Our next foray will be to USA Baby. I've never been to one, and I hope it's closer to a Buy Buy Baby than a Babies R Us. After that, I feel we'll start perusing some of the boutique shops. Baby on Grand, Peapods, etc.

What places have you guys had luck with? Anywhere to avoid?

No comments:

Post a Comment