Friday, December 16, 2011

Operation Watermelon accomplished

So after work yesterday, I did manage to stop by Byerly's and pick my wife up some watermelon. And a pineapple, and some fruit cocktail. I got home, and although she was very happy for the watermelon, and immediately dug into it she couldn't enjoy it thoroughly. Yesterday wasn't a great day for nausea and her tummy.

This morning wasn't much better, and she opted to work from home. It seems that she's getting a couple good days in a row, and then a couple bad days in a row. As I stated yesterday though, I'm happy she's at least starting to get cravings for things. Hopefully the good days start to outnumber the bad days soon. I'm thankful she's getting good days though!

In other related news, the books about baby stuff I think are breeding themselves. We have more and more of them around. And it's mainly my fault, because I bought two more the other day. Of course we have "What to Expect...". And it's been informative, but a lot of people that had reviewed that book online also pointed to the "Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregancy" I'm definitely liking it also. As an early Christmas present, I also bought Darby a copy of "Belly Laughs" by Jenny McCarthy. She seems to enjoy it. I'll probably read it when she's done.

So what are your favorite or must have pregnancy books?

4 comments:

  1. Having lived through two of them and having listened to your Mom's stories about you, I've come to the conclusion that each one is vastly different. Sounds like you have the basics covered. Just remember that you are not only feeding the mother, you are feeding the child too. That's the biggest one I remember from books or doctors. ~Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get the app on your phone for what to expect?

    ReplyDelete
  3. To answer your question: So what are your favorite or must have pregnancy books?

    http://www.amazon.com/Pregnancy-Book-Month-Month-Everything/dp/0316779148

    I <3 everything from the Dr. & Martha Sears write :) I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.amazon.com/Lets-Panic-About-Babies-Worthwhile/dp/031264812X

    hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete